Unknown diner manufacturer:
  The Park Diner in Clarion, PA has always been a peculiar looking diner.  It's like a mini barrel roof on top of a regular sized barrel.  Nothing much was thought of this diner because no other similar diner had ever been located.  Well, recent developments has found a second similar diner.  This leads one to believe that some company built these diners. But who?  To look at one of these diners, click on this link. This is of a diner in Linesville, PA from 1941.

Diner Organization in Buffalo, NY:
  The National Association of Dining Car Owners and Operators was an organization incorporated in Buffalo, NY and covered western New York and Erie, PA.  In 1931, they met every Monday night and published a monthly newsletter.  Nothing is known of the group except for the one newsletter, which we here at NYDiners.com have not been able to view.

J.H. Shale:
  J.H. Shale was the foreman for Rochester Grills. He was hired by Barnard and Simonds who owned Rochester Grills. Barnard and Simonds was a furniture maker, and probably turned to diner manufacturing to get through the depression, as many other automobile body builders did.  The importance of J.H. Shale is heightened by a 1935 New York Times ad stating that Shale previously worked for Bixler, a company that did moderately well in New York City.  
  So the question was, how did Mr. Shale get to Rochester, NY or Norwalk, Ohio?  Well, there was a J.H. Shale who worked for a piano company in Rochester up until 1918. Then this gentleman moved to NYC.  The big problem is that there were two J.H. Shales in Rochester. The ones whose obituary was located is the wrong Shale. City directories in Norwalk only exist for the years of 1930 and 1935 and contain no Shale.  The answer of how Shale got to Norwalk may relate to a letter from George Foster stating that Shale owned about $30,000 to Foster, the NYC piano magnate. Foster owned the factory where Bixler Diners were built as it previously had been used for building pianos.

Sunbury, PA:
  This may be the easiest of the mysteries, but it may also never be solved. A November 9, 1928 Oswego Palladium article stated, "John Donovan of Fulton, NY plans to open a Green and White diner in Sunbury, PA in the company of Thomas Fitzgerald."  Green and White, we assume, was used because there was a Ward and Dickinson diner in Fulton known as the Green and White Diner.  This was the color scheme for a Ward.

Kendallville, Indiana:
  A unique village in Indiana that contained three lunch wagons at one time.  One was fortunately photographed, but those photographs only lead to more questions, namely, who built it.  Fulk's Lunch Wagon is quite similar to a Closson lunch wagon, but if it is indeed a Closson, it must have been greatly remodeled. See a picture of Fulk's exterior here. An interior picture shows the body that looks very similar to a Closson, but with a counter arrangement across the width of the diner which was not what Closson used. There were also supports put into the ceiling across the transom, but these could have very easily been put in by the owner.  The other two lunch wagons only made print appearance in the local newspaper and the high school yearbook in 1918.  Lawson Brickley opened up a diner around 1927-1928 which lasted until the 1950s.  The diner was last known as the Trolley Diner, but as many diner researchers know, Ward and Dickinsons were often mistaken as trolley cars.