Watertown, NY 1939
Oswego, NY 1939-1940 (+?)
Introduction - In
1939, Arthur H. Halladay of Oswego and M.H. Whitehouse of Watertown came
together to start building diners. Their first two diners were built
in Watertown, after which, their third was built in Oswego. They
were unsure where they were going to continue the company, but did decide
to keep the company in Oswego.
Their diners were sectional. They built the whole diner at the factory on West First St. in Oswego, knocked the diner down into sections, and shipped the sections to the location. The diner was reassembled, "in hours", by the "tightening of a few bolts." The diners came fully equipped and the company could even furnish a short order chef to get started, if necessary.
The last newspaper report about the company was Sept 30th, 1940 and the last mention so far was Oct 15, 1940.
Possibly a General Diner, once in Cortland, NY
Newspaper Articles - click
Mapleview, New York
Malone, New York
originally called the Malone Diner
Miss Canton Diner
Oswego, New York - West Bridge and Seneca streets
originally called Johnson's Diner or Power Diner,
Oswego, New York - opposite Conway Terrace
originally called Terrace Diner.
Syracuse, New York - Hiawatha Boulevard and Park Street
Cortland, New York
Glen Cove, New York
Syracuse, New York - South Salina street opposite the Sears-Roebuck store
Frankfort, New York
Utica, New York - Roy Goetz, owner
possibly in Yorkville?